The American Council of Engineering Companies of West Virginia (ACECWV) is devoted to the advancement of the practice of consulting engineering, to the promotion of private enterprise, protection of public welfare, and to the improvement of the economic status of the professional engineers engaged in the practice of consulting engineering.
1 About Us
The American Council of Engineering Companies (ACECWV) is a statewide organization representing the consulting engineering community. ACECWV is the source for information and a hub for the cooperative services for common purposes that benefit all members throughout West Virginia. Our affiliation with the National ACEC (American Council of Engineering Companies) enables ACECWV to be involved with the largest National organization of engineers engaged in the independent practice of consulting engineering.
ACEC includes nearly 5,500 member firms, which represent some 184,000 employees, offering a wide variety of professional engineering services. These include all fields of engineering from civil, transportation, electrical, mechanical, structural, environmental, geotechnical, chemical, acoustical, industrial, mining, and agricultural services to a wide range of services in the field of energy production and conservation. Our firms range in size from a single, experienced professional engineer to corporations employing thousands of professionals who represent a diverse population.
Voice In Government
Local and National issues pertaining to the engineering community are closely monitored and lobbied. Members are informed of the status of important legislation and regulatory activities affecting the engineering community. ACECWV will continue to maintain communication with our elected officials in order to influence policy.
Promotion of Future Development
ACECWV and members work closely with the State and County Development Authorities to promote and attract economic and infrastructure development, as well as, as well as actively supporting and promoting the funding of the West Virginia Transportation system.
Our association offers seminars throughout the year on issues pertaining to the engineering community, and works with the DOH to provide engineering and design training courses.
A quarterly newsletter provides up-to-date information on engineering projects and future proposal advertisements. The newsletter also contains all the association news on upcoming events and meetings, along with local and national legislative issues.
Our Membership Directory/Buyers Guide is the "Who's Who" in the Consulting Engineering community. The directory lists members and the services they provide. This directory is made available to all owners, both public and private, who purchase engineering services.
ACECWV offers an array of committees and sub committees for you to take advantage of. These committees are where the majority of the ACECWV Policies and programs are developed.
How To Join ACECWV
CONTACT THE ACECWV OFFICE
2025 Quarrier St.
CHARLESTON, WV 25311
Michael Haid, Executive Director
2 Our Members
- A.F. McCormick
- A. Morton Thomas & Associates
- Buchart Horn
- Burgess & Niple, Inc.
- Carpenter Marty Transportation
- CDM Smith
- Chapman Technical Group
- Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc.
- CTL Engineering
- Dawood Engineering, Inc.
- DLZ National, Inc.
- The EADS Group
- E.L. Robinson Engineering
- French Engineering, LLC
- GAI Consultants, Inc.
- Geosyntec Consultants
- Greg Boso & Associates, Inc.
- Greenman-Pedersen, Inc.
- Mott MacDonald
- HDR Engineering
- Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, Inc.
- HNTB Corporation
- Hornor Brothers Engineers
- L.A. Gates Company
- LR Kimball
- Markosky Engineering
- Martin Engineering
- Monolah Basin Engineers
- Mead & Hunt
- Michael Baker, Jr., Inc.
- Modjeski & Masters, Inc.
- Neff, Longest & Beam, LLC
- O.R. Colan Associates
- Palmer Engineering
- PKB Engineering
- RK&K Engineers
- Skelly and Loy, Inc.
- S&ME, Inc.
- Specialized Engineering
- SPK Engineering
- Stahl Sheaffer Engineering
- Stafford Consultants
- Stantec Consulting Services
- Thrasher Engineering
- TRC Engineers
- Triad Engineering
- TY Lin International
- White Brothers Consulting
- Whitman, Requardt & Associates, LLP
- Whitney, Bailey, Cox & Magnani, LLC
3 Affiliate Members
4 Board & Committees
Board of Directors
- President — Jamie Bumgarner, P.E. — Mead & Hunt
- President-Elect — Clay Riley, P.E. — The Thrasher Group
- Secretary-Treasurer — Amy Staud, P.E. — HDR Engineering
- National Director — Mike Perry, P.E. — Stantec Consulting Services
- Infrastructure Div. — Craig Richards, P.E. — Burgess & Niple
- Transportation Div. — Shaun Long, P.E. — GAI
- Chair — Shaun Long, P.E. — GAI
- Chair-Elect — TBD
- Director — Dave Verno, P.E. — TRC
- Director — Jerry Elkins, P.E. — HNTB
- Director — Tim Kirk, P.E. — A. Morton Thomas
- Director — Gary Facemyer, P.E. — Mott McDonald
- Director — Chris Woodland, P.E. — AECOM
- Director — Jason Boyd, P.E. — The Thrasher Group
- 2016-2018 — Jay Cantley
- 2014-2016 — Michael Perry
- 2012-2014 — Gary Facemyer
- 2010-2012 — Jennifer Fox
- 2008-2010 — Dayton Carpenter
- 2006-2008 — Rick Colebank
- 2004-2006 — Greg Belcher
- 2002-2004 — Ed Robinson
- 2000-2002 — Floyd Clingenpeel
- 1998-2000 — Ron Schultz
- 1996-1998 — Woody Thrasher
- Oct 3, 2018 9:30am WVIJDC Charleston, WV WDA Bldg.
- Oct 22-24, 2018 — DOH Engineering Division Designer's Conference Glade Springs Resort
- Nov 7, 2018 10:00am WVDOH Joint Transportation Meeting Charleston, WV Bldg. 5, Room 122
- Nov 27-29, 2018 — 130053 Bridge Inspection Refresher Charleston, WV
- Dec 4-7, 2018 — 130078 Fracture Critical Charleston, WV
6 Contact Us
Contact the ACECWV Offices
PO Box 1031 Charleston, WV 25324 304.951.9297 firstname.lastname@example.org